Play

Home Forums KYEZ BOX Theraphy Play/Music/Arts Play

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Lilly
      Keymaster

The Ice Cube Episode
      One of my favorite pre-parenting stories is from a birthing course that my husband and I took before the birth of our first daughter.  Like many first-time parents, we had signed up to be “better…

A Sound Hunt Outside
      This mindfulness activity is an idea from a local parent, and I tried it recently with the girls and they loved it.    The activity is very simple and quick.  You sit outside with your kiddos,…

Smelly Spicy Art
      The inspiration for our mindfulness activity came from a fall art project that my younger daughter did in her preschool class, where the class made art with spices and herbs they had first…

Learning from my toddler how to practice mindfulness with curiosity
      A lot of the mindfulness exercises and games I do at home are activities that my older daughter actively engages in because of her age.  My 2-year old participates as much as she is able to, but…

Superhero Mystery Game
      My girls and I played a game I named Superhero Mystery Game as a fun way to practice mindfulness by tapping into the visual senses while doing something quietly and slowly.   We first put on…

Blindfolded Fruit Tasting Game
      I came up with this game to experiment with a mindful eating practice to tune into the present moment with a few key senses.

How you play
      I took a single piece of fruit (a…

Cloud Shape Game…with our feelings
      One of my husband’s favorite games to play with our kids is Cloud Shape Game- a great way to tap into your imagination and dream up what object a cloud looks like as they float by.  This last…

“Find the Singing Bowl” Game
      This is an awesome activity recommended by a local mom, who used to play this game when her kids were younger.  It’s essentially a hide-and-seek game but with a singing bowl.  My girls and I…

Rainbow Walk
      I recently did a mindful activity with my girls, which naturally incorporates the power of present-time awareness into a fun daytime activity. A number of mindfulness resources recommend this…

Guess the Letter/Shape on my Back
      This activity is something that has been passed down in my family across generations- my grandmother did this activity my father, my father did it with me and now I have started doing it with my…

By https://mindfullittles.org/tag/sensory/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrbvkmcXx4wIVVBx9Ch0zYAOREAAYASAAEgKPwvD_BwE

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Play/Music/Arts’ is closed to new topics and replies.